The Matopo Primary School Teacher-to-Teacher project is documented here. It is kindly being supported by ETAS (English Teachers Association Switzerland) and the Roger Federer Foundation.

Monday, September 14, 2009

slow progress, maybe...plus ETAS SIG Day

Well, the parcels are still sitting in customs in Bulawayo, but some small progress has been made. Several people have initiated action to help us liberate the goods, and with any luck, I will have my materials for the next Teachers Workshop Day on October 5! Please cross your fingers!

We held our annual SIG (Special Interest Group) Day in Basel last Saturday. I gave a short presentation about our project, including the exciting news about the Federer Foundation support. I introduced my "Teacher Twinning" Scheme as well, and have already got a handful of interested teachers to partner with Matopo teachers. I think this could be the start of something big!

If anybody would like to participate in this please get in touch with me. It would mean so much to the teachers in Zimbabwe, and would certainly also be an enriching experience for you.

I'll probably have time for one more update before we leave for Africa on September 27. Lots to do until then--looking forward to it, to say the least!

1 comment:

Realtor from Toronto said...

Hi, I just want to express my support for the project you are doing in Africa. It is very creditable activity. elli