The Matopo Primary School Teacher-to-Teacher project is documented here. It is kindly being supported by ETAS (English Teachers Association Switzerland) and the Roger Federer Foundation.

Monday, September 1, 2008

hope?

In just a few weeks, I'll be heading for Zimbabwe. I can hardly wait! The amazing Teachers Workshop from last October is still so vivid in my memory, and I'm expecting this year's event to be just as wonderful, even though it will be a challenge to gather the necessary resources.

I've already prepared a super programme of activities, games and discussions for the teachers and I'm so excited about sharing the fun with such motivated teachers. It is truly humbling, how enthusiastic these teachers remain in the face of the formidable difficulties in today's Zimbabwe.

It may be a bit quiet here on the blog when I'm away, but please leave your comments, and I look forward to telling all about this year's Teachers Workshop at Matopo Primary School. I hope those parcels I told you about in a previous posting have arrived! We'll be collecting some donations at our next English Teachers of Switzerland event which takes place on September 20th, too.

OK, we're not the Bill Gates foundation so we're not talking millions here (except in Zim money :-()

but every little bit helps, and this money and these materials have been lovingly collected by people who really care. Thank you all for your support!

Cindy

No comments: