The Matopo Primary School Teacher-to-Teacher project is documented here. It is kindly being supported by ETAS (English Teachers Association Switzerland) and the Roger Federer Foundation.

Monday, June 23, 2008

good news, bad news

I'm having some trouble figuring out if the latest news about the election run-off on June 27 is good news, or bad news.
Don't get me wrong. I want a change in governments in Zimbabwe as much as anybody else does--but the reports of violence running up to the election farce were getting me more and more worried. Who pays the price in such situations? The poor, the weak, the young, the disenfranchised.
What do I want to happen? I want Zimbabwe to become a star of Africa, shining with hope, freedom, better chances for everyone including the sadly diminished wildlife which once was the most prolific in Africa. I want the children and teachers at Matopo Primary School, indeed every school in Zimbabwe, to have devoted, well-paid teachers and the necessary resources to do their jobs. I want those children to have a future when they have completed their education. I want too much?!?!?

Please join me in showing that we care about the future of Zimbabwe! Send a donation, be it money or materials, or just a message of support.

best wishes
Cindy

No comments: