The Matopo Primary School Teacher-to-Teacher project is documented here. It is kindly being supported by ETAS (English Teachers Association Switzerland) and the Roger Federer Foundation.

Monday, January 14, 2008

ETAS AGM in Lugano

Thank you to all of the ETAS members who bought raffle tickets at the AGM in Lugano on January 12-13--we raised over CHF 1,600.-- which will help to buy text books, school uniforms for the neediest pupils, and even some basic foodstuffs.
Things are set to get even more miserable in Zimbabwe. The Economist reported that it is the fastest shrinking economy in the world! But thanks to our support, the teachers at Matopo Primary School see a small ray of hope, enough to keep several of them from leaving the country. Seeing that kind of courage, I feel we MUST go on helping.

Please feel free to place your comments, no matter how brief, and a few words of moral support!

Cindy

2 comments:

Illya said...

I wish I could have been there and helped support the cause!
But more support is on it's way. We'll definitely talk about collections for the school!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,
What a brilliant project you are doing! I just now linked to the school's blog and what I read touched me so deeply. I decided to post a comment and hope It will give you my small share of a moral support.

My name's Natalia Kalugina. I am a librarian and a teacher of English in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky city in the most Eastern frontier of Russia. As a matter of fact, i am participating in EVO's (English village online) workshop "Blogging for educators". I had never done any bloggs and signed up for the workshop to learn about this Internet opportunity. A few minutes ago i read Illya's message which was in the Digest the participants recieve. Illya seemed to be so passionate about blogging that I could not help but immidiately check on his blog just for an example. And from there i learned about your project with Matopo Primary School.

It's amazing how jumping from one blog to another actually got me involved in GLOBAL community. How little it is needed, in fact, to join it! Amazing how a small thing like just reading through the school's blog can help it financially! WOW! .... It is just a few-minutes experience for me, but this is the best answer to HOW and WHAT can be done with the help of bloggs.

Cindy, i would like to offer you to organize an email correspondence between school students from Matopo Primary school and school students in my home city. I know some who would be interested. Do you think it is possible? If you get interested please send me email to natu@mail.ru.

I wish you lots of luck and energy, and i look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best reagrds,
Natalia
Kamchatka regional science library, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky city, Russia